Student internship for Drupal Web Developer
Telecommute: Not allowed
The UN World Food Programme located in Rome, Italy is seeking an intern to aid in cleaning-up platform codebases and improving the performance of several wfp.org platforms. This will be an internship position for a period of 3-months with no possibility for extension.
The objectives of the Intern Programme are to:
- Promote among the participants a better understanding of the United Nations through experience in the World Food Programme (WFP).
- Provide work experience for students which clearly augments their study and career plans.
Before applying, it must be clear that the following criteria are used to determine eligibility for the Internship Programme:
- Have completed at least two years’ undergraduate studies (in computer engineering or related business field).
- Be currently enrolled in a University or graduate school and have attended courses in the last 12 months.
- Fluency in English.
The intern must live in Rome. The expenses connected with an intern’s participation in the Programme must be born either by the nominating institution (university/graduate school) or by the student. The Programme is not responsible for living expenses, arrangements for accommodation, travel to and from WFP internship location, etc.
WFP will provide a maximum stipend of USD700 per month.
Under the supervision and the technical guidance of the Web Technology Lead and Deputy Manager of Operations, the intern will perform the following tasks:
- Clean-up of existing customizations to Drupal platforms (.tpl.php templates, CSS, HTML and PHP).
- Adhere to the WFP Web Development Guidelines and WFP.org Drupal Development Guidelines.
- Commit clean code, with extensive in-line documentation, to the WFP SVN server.
- Other related duties as required.
- Experience with PHP 5 programming language.
- Knowledge of a PHP templating system (preference given to Drupal theme development)
- Experience with Drupal development preferred, other PHP CMS’s also accepted.
- Basic experience with the LAMP stack.
For general information regarding UN WFP internship programs, refer to this link: http://www.wfp.org/about/vacancies/internship
Submissions (and/or questions) are due by Close-of-business Friday March 23, 2012 via http://drupal.org/user/1862806/contact (registration to drupal.org required)